Industries using Wet Benches and Wet Bench Stations have a wide range of options from which to choose. Modutek designs and manufactures a variety of manual to semi-automated wet benches as well as fully automated wet bench stations. Wet Bench Station technology is used in manufacturing semi-conductors, some medical components, computer hardware and solar cells, among others. All integrated circuits are manufactured using Wet Benches and Wet Bench Stations.
As mentioned above, Modutek manufactures and carries a full range of wet benches that can be configured to meet your specific requirements. We provide various options that will work for your requirements and budget. Consider the following options when selecting equipment for your Wet Processing needs.
Our IPA Vapor Dryer, also called Marangoni Drying, provides an alternative to current drying processes used in semiconductor and related manufacturing. The Modutek IPA Vapor Drying system is housed in one free-standing chamber. The unit also allows for quick and easy bottle changes to eliminate down time. Discover the other advantages of the Modutek IPA Vapor Dryer.
Why is Marangoni Drying so popular for semiconductor production? The process originally developed in 1990, allows for the production of ultra clean and dried surfaces on flat substrates. This is accomplished as the water/IPA slowly drains around the substrate wafer. Nitrogen gas breaks the surface tension of the wetting film which dries the substrate. The process also allows for very low particle counts, no watermarks and no feature damage.
The following are some of the benefits of the IPA (isopropyl alcohol) Vapor, drying process:
- The IPA Vapor Dryer does not have moving parts which are common in spin drying. This allows for the production of thinner substrates.
- The IPA Vapor Dryer reduces the chance of particle contamination due to residue after evaporation, often seen as a problem with spin rinse dryers.
- Because the IPA Vapor Dryer is different from other drying processors, fewer chemicals are needed which reduces chemical costs and the need for disposing of them. This is important from an environmental standpoint.
- Production costs are also reduced with the IPA Vapor Dryer because drying times can be as short as 10 to 15 minutes. The fact that there are no moving parts also means there should be less maintenance required.
- Reduced particle counts make the IPA Vapor Dryer the preferred choice over other drying processes.
- Excellent for high aspect ratio structures.
- Production is increased because the IPA Vapor Dryer reduces the chance of substrate breakage during the cleaning and drying process.
- The IPA Vapor Dryer also reduces damage caused by electro-static discharge because there is no build up between metallic surfaces. The result is higher production of quality substrates.
- The IPA Vapor Dryer also leaves no watermarks, a common problem resulting in yield loss.
IPA Vapor Drying is important for the semiconductor industry as well as those industries that use this technology including computer disk drive manufacturers, solar panel manufacturers, and manufacturers using electro-chemical cells. Industries that use micro-electronic mechanical systems (MEMS), such as the automotive and medical equipment, would also benefit from the substrates produced by IPA Vapor Drying.
If your company needs a drying process upgrade, consider our IPA Vapor Dryer for your application. Call us at 866-803-1533 to discuss your needs and to get a quote.