Chemical Fume Hoods are necessary for businesses that use caustic chemicals or cleaners that are hazardous for those working around them. Modutek Corporation, which has been in business since 1980, manufactures some of the best Chemical Fume Hoods available today.
Properly designed and installed Chemical Fume Hoods are necessary to reduce a lab worker’s exposure to hazardous fumes, vapors, gases and dust created during lab tests. They are also used for Research and Development (R&D) analysis and in University laboratories. A Chemical Fume Hood works by confining any hazardous airborne material as well as diluting it with large amounts of air. This is drawn through an exhaust and filter system which is then expelled through the roof of a building or, if a company chooses a ductless system, the air is filtered and re-circulated.
Chemical Fume Hoods designed and manufactured by Modutek are used in a variety of applications in a number of different industries. They can remove and filter smells, fumes, gases, airborne chemicals, dust and other related airborne contaminants. Modutek’s Chemical Fume Hoods provide quick and low-cost hazardous chemical exhausting to keep your work area safe for your employees.
Some of the benefits of using the Modutek’s Chemical Fume Hood system include:
- Low-cost of ownership that comes with a one-year warranty on all parts; however an extended warranty is available.
- Meets or exceeds all current industry safety standards.
- Our Chemical Fume Hoods are easy to install and set up.
- Chemical Fume Hoods can be designed to meet your current testing needs.
- We work closely with each client to setup a specific custom design or configuration.
- The equipment is designed to allow for future expansion.
There are a number of options available for Modutek’s Chemical Fume Hoods including a ductless fume hood design that collects fumes directly from the source and re-circulates the filtered air. The ductless application comes with carbon filter, dust filter or can be used with fume/air scrubbers. Ductless Chemical Fume Hoods can be used with a fume/air scrubber or other similar filters and do not evacuate air to the outside.
Other options for the Chemical Fume Hoods designed and manufactured by Modutek include, but are not limited to:
- FM4910 (PVC-C) material of construction
- Utility sink with gooseneck faucet
- Easily accessible electrical outlets at deck level
- Fan Filter Units (HEPA)
- A lift station designed into the bench
- Drains dedicated to carboy with DOT containment
- Overhead deck lighting
- Teflon N2 gun and DI water hand spray
- Counter balance safety shields
If you would like more information about the Modutek Corporation Chemical Fume Hoods, or any of our other products, please contact us today at 866-803-1533.