Sub-Ambient Systems / BOE
Filtered Sub-Ambient Circulation Bath for BOE Applications
The F SERIES sub-ambient filtered etch bath is our time-tested solution to providing continuous filtration while reducing acid consumption in your BOE (Buffered Oxide Etch) or positive resist develop processes. A low cost of ownership has been engineered into every detail of our filter etch bath, making it one of our most consistent performers.
Our F-SERIES will significantly reduce acid consumption while providing continuous 10.0 to 0.2 micron filtration for reduced particulate count & improved yields. The two basic models available are the L & H version, which are constructed of natural polypropylene & polyvinyldilene fluoride (P.V.D.F ) & will operate in the 10-60ºC range respectively. Both models will maintain precise ± 1ºC control; 0.4ºC under certain conditions. The use of our F SERIES in your BOE process will dramatically reduce acid consumption. Connection our F SERIES with our RCe heat/chiller give your BOE the sub-ambient control required. Several sizes are available which will accommodate from 1 ea. 4” up to 2ea. 6” cassettes. Numerous available options will enable you to order an F SERIES to fill your process requirements.
- Specifically designed for BOE process
- Easy installation to upgrade existing stations
- Sub ambient capability
- Micron Filtration options
- Remote pump and filter option
High flow pump *
- Uniform flow return system
- 360º serrated overflow weir
Ultra Efficient Filtration
- 0.2u absolute filtration
- Modutek-pioneered 360º weir for effective particulate removal.
- Will accept any 10” cartridge filter.
Semiconductor Grade Environment
- 360 degree overflow housing
- Virgin, natural polypropylene (1 model) or polyvinyldilene (P.V.D.F.).h model.
- No metals exposed to liquid or vapors.
Rugged Process Pump
- Seal-less (no mechanical seal)
- N2 purged
Uniform Flow Return System
- Eliminates inconsistent sparagers
- Provides desired consistent laminar flow across each and every wafer
- Eliminates eddys and “dead spots” created by diffuser plate.
- Removed for easy cleaning
Excellent Temperature Control
- ± 1ºC, 0.4ºC under certain conditions
- Wide range 10-60ºC, L” models, 10-80ºC, “H” models
- Digital readout
User-Friendly Servicable Components
- Easily removed pump/filter assembly (held in place by 2 each P.V.C. bolts)
- Easily changed filter, can be removed in usually less than 5 minutes
- 360ºweir assembly is easily removed for cleaning
- Threaded drain can be removed in minutes
No Cost Extras
- Clear P.V.C. cover retracts out of the way when not in use
- Remotely actuated drain
- Remote pneumatic pump
- N2 manifold (for positive resist developing )
- Low temp flow sensor
- High temp flow sensor
- 230 V 50 HZ electrical service
- 0.1 micron filter 10-60ºC (B.O.E.)
- 0-2 micron filter 10-80ºC
- 10.0 micron filter 10-60ºC positive resist developing
- MICROTIME process timer
- .33, .5h.p. electric motors
- Pneumatic pump
- Stainless steel construction
- Informative Digital Flowmeter
- Filter loading (plugging) indication
- Adjustable alarm setting, will alarm when filter requires changing, (based on flow rate)
- Filter element flow evaluation
Product-Filter Etch, Positive Resist Developer Bath
Process- Filter etching, Positive Resist Developing
Chemical Usage- NH4 HF, CH3 COOH, HNO3P. Resist Developer
Temperature Range-L Model 10-40ºC, H Model 10-60ºC1
- Permissible Operating Range:
- L model 10-40ºC
- H model 10-60ºC
- Process Temperature Control: both models ± 1ºC (.4 obtainable under certain conditions)
- Bath Liquid Stability: Internal gradients ± 0.5ºC
- Flow Rates 3.5-8 g.p.m.
- Process Module L model- Natural polypropylene
- H model- P.V.D.F.
- Pump /Filter Housing
- L model- Natural polypropylene
- H model- natural P.V.D.F.
- Temperature Control Coils
- L model- PFA
- H model- PFA
“O” Rings: Viton is standard, other materials available
Drain: Natural polypropylene or Teflon
Cover: Clear P.V.C
Note: There are no exposed metals
- Motor: .125 h.p. standard (.33 and .5 available, please note size and configuration will change if ordered).
- Filter Housing: Will accept any 10” cartridge filter.
- Removable Protective Shroud: protects pump motor.
- N2 Purge Fitting: Creates positive N2 atmosphere to protect motor.
- Removable Pump/Filter Assembly: Held in place by two each P.V.C. screws for fast replacement.
- Power Cord: Acid Resistant.
- Housing: Rotomolded, seamless design
- Temperature Control Coils: For circulating temperature-controlled media (corrugated polypropylene or P.V.D.F. ).
- Flow Sensor: For determining filter loading (optional)
- Drain Valve: Pneumatically, remotely actuated (standard).
- Temperature Control Coils: To appropriate temperature control circulator.
- Inner Process Tank: Isolated, perforated for uniform flow, 360º overflow for effective particulate removal.
- Process Thermocouple: From temperature control circulator, Teflon encapsulated for long life.
- Process Cover: Clear P.V.C., retractable, hide-away.
F Series Dimensions Table
|MODEL||CAPACITY (Liquid)||I.D. PROCESS TANK (in.)||DECK CUT-OUT (in.)||DECK AREA (in.)|
|F16L / F16H||1 ea. 4″ to 6″ cassette 20.6 liters||7.8 x 7.8 x 7.3||15.8 x 11.3 x 16.0||18.8 x 12.8|
|F24L / F24H||2 ea. 4″ cassettes 24.7 liters||11.0 x 7.5 x 7.3||21.3 x 11.3 x 16.0||21.3 x 12.8|
|F25L / F25H||2 ea. 5″ cassettes 27.5 liters||13.0 x 7.5 x 7.3||19.1 x 11.3 x 16.0||22.1 x 12.8|
|F26L / F26H||2 ea. 6″ cassettes 31.7 liters||15.5 x 7.5 x 7.3||22.3 x 11.3 x 16.0||25.3 x 12.8|
|F18L / F18H||1 ea. 8″ cassette||11.5 x 10.5 x 11.5||20.1 x 14.3 x 20.3||23.1 x 15.8|
|PUMP(All models)||.125 H.P. brushless, sealless|
Model nomenclature: model code, number of cassettes and size of cassettes. eg. QFa26(QFa series-2-6”)
Note: Add approximately 4” for drain on overall depth