Dry to Dry base / acid wet process from Modutek Corporation is fully automated equipment which is available in many different configurations to serve your requirements for wet process. Modutek’s engineering team put a lot of effort into designing the most effective equipment to support a dry to dry etching process for your application. All the process sizes are handled from wafer carriers which are standard silicon wafer, glass substrates to glass solar panels of 30” X 60”.
All cleaning, wet process or etching components are designed and built in-house and provides you complete turnkey support. Station of dry to dry utilizes the MVD (Modutek Vapor Dryer) Series IPA Vapor Dryer. This allows you to proceed to the step in processing without using a separate tool in drying. Therefore it eliminates the need of transfer time, and this is a very effective way of improving both throughput and yield. The advanced software will increase your yield, improve your throughput and etch rate. The entire robotic system is completely designed, assembled and quality tested at San Jose, CA with the professionals from Modutek Corporation. All quality procedures use DI water for testing.
This wet process equipment has several features which are useful in your day to day applications. The features give it several advantages that will offer various benefits to you.
- Has a IPA Vapor Dryer on board (MDV Series)
- White polypropylene construction
- Emergency Power Off (EPO) is equipped with all safety locks
- Available in multiple sizes and lengths to cater to your specific needs
- Stations are all wired according to NFPA 70 and 79
- Every wet process tank has 1” lip exhaust
- PLC has touch screen/ graphic user interface (GUI)
- Servo motor motors has encoder feed back
- One year warranty (all parts)
- Leg levelers and casters
- DI water manifold continuously flow
- Hand spray for DI water and Teflon N2 gun
- PVC safety shields
- Photohelic interlocked to EPO
- 2-copies of manual paper and a complete paperless set
- On board drying tool included
- Long period of continuous operation (over 35 years)
- All designing, assembly and testing is done at a single location
- Software Design includes SolidWorks Simulation Professional and SolidWorks Flow Simulation
- No outsourcing for either software or robotic design
- Diffusion Clean
- Ozone Etching
- Ozone Cleaning
- KOH Etching
- Buffered Oxide Etching (BOE)
- Silicon Nitride Etch
- SPM Clean
- SC1 and SC2 containing Megasonic Energy
Optional Ozone Feature (Dry Zone)
The DryZone is a patented revolutionary new solvent gradient dryer. It exceeds the most vigorous total organic carbon (TOC) or volatile organic carbon (VOC) environmental concerns.
Silicon substrates are first rinsed in deionized water to remove any water inorganic impurities. After rinsing, the substrates enter a solvent chamber to develop a boundary layer, which will remove organic impurities. The substrates are then processed through an ozone chamber, either with or without ultraviolet light exposure, to convert all traces of organic materials into carbon dioxide gas. The substrate surfaces are then free from moisture, trace organics, and other particles. The substrate surfaces are stable hydrophilic surfaces. For silicon wafers, the surface is Si-O terminated. If hydrophobic surfaces are needed, a short 10 second post ozone conversion step renders silicon wafers Si-H terminated.
The dryer has no detectable VOC’s in the exhaust, and supports green chemistry initiatives, unlike isopropyl alcohol consuming dryers. Since the dryer uses reactive chemistries, it is more than just particle neutral, it is particle reducing!
The features, benefits, and applications discussed above say it all. Modutek’s engineering team designs the most effective etching or cleaning equipment needed for your application. If you have any questions or want to get a quote call us at 866-803-1533.