While effective and rapid rinsing with a low particle count remains a key benefit of quick dump rinsers, reduced water usage is also becoming more important. Special design measures can lower the amount of water required to rinse the silicon wafers while retaining fast and efficient operation with a low level of particle contamination.
Low water consumption is especially important in some regions such as the Western U.S., where a long-term drought makes water conservation mandatory. Even in other areas, a reduced use of the deionized water used in silicon wafer fabrication saves money and is environmentally responsible. Modutek has pioneered the design of quick dump rinsers that feature efficient use of deionized water, fast operation, and low particle entrapment.
Quick Dump Rinser Benefits that Incorporate Reduced Water Usage
Modutek’s quick dump rinsers feature a state-of-the-art design for efficient operation while minimizing rinse time, reducing the particle count, and keeping deionized water usage to a minimum. Modutek’s quick dump rinsers offer the following characteristics:
- Efficient Rinsing. The units have dual spray manifolds and low misting nozzles for quick and complete rinsing away of chemical residues.
- Nitrogen Bubbler. The bubbler generates nitrogen bubbles as the tank fills, removing additional contaminants and particles.
- 360 Degree Overflow Weir. As the dislodged impurities rise to the surface, they are flushed away across the overflow weir and out of the tank.
- Programmable Water Use. Modutek’s quick dump rinsers can be programmed to use less water.
- Contoured Bottom. The rinser bottom is contoured around a wafer cassette, reducing the amount of water required.
- Large Machined Trap Door. The machined trap door doesn’t need gaskets or seals that could trap particles, and the large size lets water drain rapidly.
- Polypropylene Construction. High-quality smooth polypropylene construction ensures that the tank is not a source of contamination with new particles.
- Automatic Dump and Refill. The rinsing controller can be set to automatically dump and refill every two hours, reducing bacterial growth and minimizing the possibility of contamination.
- Optional Reclaim System. An optional reclaim system further reduces water consumption and lowers costs.
- Variety of Standard Sizes. Modutek offers seven standard tank sizes for their quick dump rinsers, and can accommodate many special customer needs.
Modutek has designed the quick dump rinser to operate as a stand-alone unit or for integration into a silicon wet etching process line. The rinser can improve the overall performance of the line and lower costs while reducing the number of defective products.
Benefits of Using Modutek’s Quick Dump Rinser
Modutek’s design is based on extensive experience working with wet process equipment to address key customer concerns. Benefits include the following:
- The reduced water consumption due to rapid rinsing and a water-conserving design lowers costs and reduces the environmental impact.
- The machined trap door and laminar flow of rinsing water reduce the particle count and improve output quality.
- The smooth polypropylene construction avoids additional contamination and reduces the percentage of rejects.
- Quick rinsing allows increased throughput for the production line and reduces costs.
From its close working relationship with customers, Modutek can address the challenges manufacturers often have with meeting higher product densities, smaller silicon structures, and increasing regulation with using chemicals and water. Modutek continuously works to improve silicon wafer processing capabilities, while keeping in mind the overall costs of ownership and efficient wafer processing.
Modutek Provides Innovative Solutions to Meet Customer Needs
Modutek’s quick dump rinsers represent years of innovative design and development. These systems let semiconductor manufacturers and research facilities reduce water consumption while increasing output and reducing the number of product defects. Overall facility performance is improved through cost reduction and improved output quality. Contact Modutek for a free quote or consultation to discuss your specific processing requirements at 866-803-1533 or email [email protected].