For small operations and specialized applications requiring semiconductor fabrication capabilities it often doesn’t make sense to construct wet processing lines that produce products at volume. Table top process tanks can allow research labs, universities and start-up companies to produce single parts or low-volume output. These organizations may need proof of concept components or prototypes for testing. Small chemical process tanks deliver the capability to fabricate such products in a customized unit designed for the specialized applications.
Customization is the Key to Effective Table Top Systems
Table top chemical process tanks for specialized output are heavily customized to reflect their unique purposes. Tank size, chemicals used, controls, heating and circulation are all adapted to the particular use. Because Modutek designs and builds all of its wet bench equipment in house, the company is ideally situated to undertake the customization required for this special application. Modutek has been working with customers to provide table top chemical process tanks that are easy to install and use safely, for example under an existing fume hood. Customers can purchase a complete unit with the special features and characteristics they need.
Features and Benefits of the Modutek Table Top Systems
Modutek’s table top chemical process tanks are a further development of their wet bench Teflon tanks but other configurations are available. Specific features include the following:
- Installation.The tanks are mobile and can be placed wherever convenient for safe operation. Sizes and shapes are fully customized to match the use and the space available.
- Circulation.Tanks can be static or fitted with overflow circulation and filtration. Circulating tanks have a 360 degree serrated overflow weir and an all-Teflon fluid path. Both static and circulating tanks are made of all PFA Teflon.
- Heating.Tanks are ambient temperature or temperature controlled. For heated tanks, the operating temperature is 30 to 100 degrees centigrade. The heat-up rate is 2 to 3 degrees per minute and the temperature control is accurate within plus/minus 0.5 degrees centigrade.
- Process.The tanks are usually Teflon tanks for KOH and related wet processes. Acid and solvent process capabilities are also available.
- Wafer Holders.The systems usually come with standard carrier sizes for single or double capacity. Custom wafer holders are available.
- Controls.Process controllers to handle temperature and timing are available. Inputs can include level switches, temperature alarms and a drain interlock. Remote operation is also possible.
Modutek can assemble the table top unit with the required features exactly as specified by customers. Benefits include reliable and safe operation, consistent process variables and repeatable outputs and results.
Table Top Systems Designed and Built to Meet Requirements
As a leader in wet bench technology, Modutek has the in house expertise to design and build innovative semiconductor fabrication equipment such as table top chemical process tanks. The company can draw on its comprehensive line of wet bench stations to adapt standard equipment for such special applications. Because Modutek engineers and technical personnel create these customized units, the company can provide complete after sales support and repair services. Contact Modutek for a free quote or consultation to discuss your specific chemical process application requirements.