Rotary Wafer Etching System
Modutek’s Rotary Wafer Etching System, Model-SPS, offers an economical, ergonomically planned and safety oriented automated batch processor for precise chemical etching, developing, stripping, resist etching, wafer reclaim or cleaning of semiconductor wafers or substrates.
Operation of Our Rotary Wafer Etching System
Modutek’s Rotary Wafer Etching System is a dual tank wet station which provides chemical etching or wafer cleaning and rinsing with transfer between tanks in a compact design. The operator loads the wafer boats into carrier assembly, closes the fume door and presses the START button to initiate the programmed process cycle. The carrier assembly transfers into the chemical process tank and performs the process with a continuous rotational agitation for preset time.
After completion of the preset process time or if process abort is selected, the carrier assembly is transferred to the rinse tank for the Quench-Quick Dump-Overflow rinse cycles. When the rinse cycle is completed, the end of the process cycle is signaled by an audible alarm. The carrier assembly continues to spin until the operator presses the RESET button at which time the carrier is moved to the unload position for removal to the drying unit.
Benefit’s Of Our Rotary Wafer Etching System:
- Automatic wafer transfer from process to rinse in less than 3 seconds
- Freestanding compact design
- Continuous rotation adjustable up to 80 rpm
- Multiple wafer sizes in one toll with rotor change
- Touch screen control with programmable recipes
Rotary Wafer Etching System Features:
- The Model-SPS produces consistent results by rotation the wafer boat during the process cycles and rapid transfer from the chemistry process bath to quench tank.
- Closed loop motor control with encoder provides precise rotational agitation.
- The microprocessor based system with Touch-screen offers reliable and precise process control. All operator controls are easily operable and accessible.
- Up to 5 process “recipes” can be programmed through a touch-screen. The screen displays the summary of the “recipe” and process information on a single screen for easy reference.
- High throughput.
- Double containment construction.
- “Fail-Safe” feature when electrical power on N2 pressure is lost.
- Precise control of the bath temperature. Two Liquid level sensors with over temperature protection.
- All components that come into contact with corrosive liquid are constructed of inert plastic or are sealed from direct contact.
- Small footprint.
Rotary Wafer Etching System Specifications:
- PRODUCTION CAPACITY: Up to 6”-50 wafers or 8”-25 wafers at a time.
- AGITATION is accomplished by axial rotation of wafers, variable over a range of 0-80 rpm.
- PROCESS TIME can be set within the range of 0-9999 seconds or 0.0-999.9
- PRERINSE TIME can be set within the range of 0-9999 seconds
- QUICK DUMP CYCLE can be set within the range of 0-9999 cycles.
- PROCESS CHEMISTRY TEMERATURE can be controlled to ±1 / 2ºC over a range of ambient- 100ºC. (Optional RTD sensor provides 0.1ºC readout.)
Rotary Wafer Etching System Options:
- Larger size wafer capability
- Process tank material.
- Heating/Cooling system in process tank.
- RTD sensor for 0.1ºC temperature readout.
- Resistivity monitoring system in rinse tank.
- Chemical recirulation / Filtration system.
- Ultrasonic, Megasonic system.
- Fume Condenser
- Gravity chemical fill system.
- Cabinet material
If you have any questions about our Rotary Wafer Etching System, call us at 866-803-1533.
Pingback: Reducing Wafer Processing Time and Costs with a Wafer Etching System | Commentary site on Modutek Corp